PEP Scoopbox (Feb. 24, 2010): Regine Velasquez also confirmed that S.O.P. will air its final episode this Sunday. They're coming up with a new show and she's part of it.
PEP Scoopbox (Feb. 24, 2010): Ogie Alcasid confirmed that this Sunday will be the last airing of S.O.P.
After SiS, another long-running GMA program is about to come to an end. SOP (Sobrang Okey Pare), despite being reformatted into SOP Fully Charged a few months ago, succumbed to the ratings game.
It looks like the more-than-ever “star-powered” ASAP XV of ABS-CBN did not give a chance for SOP to recover in the daytime race every Sunday. In fact, in last week’s battle for Sunday viewership, ASAP XV received 18% in Mega Manila while SOP Fully Charged only got 12% on its own turf. The gap is even bigger nationwide, of course.
After SOP comes to a fold this Sunday, a new program will be introduced to the televiewers after 3 weeks. The show will be called “Party Pilipinas.”
It will be directed by Louie Ignacio with Paul Basinillo as co-director.
The four main hosts of Party Pilipinas will still be Regine Velasquez, Ogie Alcasid, Janno Gibbs, and Jaya. Jay-R, Kyla and La Diva will also stay.
Since almost all of the key personalities in SOP will return in Party Pilipinas, should we just call it a revamp or just a change of name?
Diva tells the story of Papin (Regine Velasquez) and her group of friends who want to make it big sa music industry. Martin (TJ Trinidad) is a gifted musician who composes great music, na siya namang nako-compliment ng lyricist na si Gary (Mark Anthony Fernandez) who writes well. Rounding out their merry group is Barbra (Jaya), ang best friend ni Papin who compensates for her lack of musicality by becoming the group's booker/manager.
Fresh from college, the four have banded together in their quest to become big names in the music industry. At agad rin naman silang napansin dahil sa ganda ng boses ni Papin. But there's a problem--the executives who signed them don't think Papin has the right look para sumikat. Enter Lady (Rufa Mae Quinto) and Tiffany (Glaiza de Castro).
Si Lady ang magiging mukha ng kanilang group, with Martin, to become a popular acoustic duo. Ang kaso, ganda lang ang meron si Lady. Papin still continues to sing for the duo, albeit only as a ghost singer for Lady. Si Tiffany naman ang pinsan at alalay ni Lady na fiercely loyal dito, kahit na lagi siyang inaapi nito.
There will come a point na hindi na matitiis ni Papin si Lady. She goes through a makeover and emerges as the new singing sensation: Melody.
Magkikitang muli sina Melody at Tiffany. Nang Makita ang pagpupursige ni Tiffany na sumikat, Melody decides to help her out and turns her into a star. Pero dahil sa pagsikat ni Tiffany, magiging competitor pa siya ni Melody!
Can Melody retain her crown as the Ultimate Diva or mapapalitan ba siya ng sariling protege? Ano ang mangyayari once people find out that Papin and Melody are one and the same? Ano ang magiging reaksyon ni Martin when he finds out that Barbra and Gary knew Melody’s secret all along
I. Mechanics 1. The DIVA Songwriting Contest is songwriting contest open to all amateur and professional songwriters in the Philippines.
2. Each songwriter or a collaboration of songwriters (lyricist/s and composer/s) may submit a maximum of 2 entries.
3. Song entries: a. must either be in Filipino or in English b. must be a love song c. must have a musical type appropriate to a love song d. must not exceed 4 minutes in length including intro and extro e. must be recorded and interpreted well, preferably pre-arranged
* The contest organizers reserve the right to rearrange the qualifying song entries and to choose and assign interpreters for the finals and for the album recording of winning songs and finalists. Participants who will not agree to this shall be automatically disqualified.
4. Each entry must include the following: a. fully accomplished entry form with original signature(s) and 2x2 ID photo of songwriter/s b. CD containing 1 song only indicating the title of the song on the case and on the CD itself but without the name of the songwriter/s c. Five (5) typewritten copies of the lyrics with the title of the song but without the name of the songwriter/s
5. Submission of entries: a. All of the above requirements must be placed in a brown envelope and mailed or hand carried to: DIVA SONGWRITING CONTEST Viewer-Directed Marketing Division 14th Floor, GMA Network Center, EDSA corner Timog Ave., Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines, 1103 b. Participants sending two entries must send them in two (2) separate envelopes. c. All entries shall be non-returnable. d. All entries must be submitted on or before February 14, 2010.
II. Criteria Originality and Creativity - 30% (applied songwriting style, technique, skill) Lyrics - 30% (effectiveness, message, appropriateness to theme) Melody - 30% (recall, strength, etc.) Overall Appeal - 10% (suitable as recording and commercial material)
III. Schedule of Contest January 24, 2010 - Launch of Contest February 14, 2010 - Deadline for submission of entries February 21, 2010 - Song finalists will be performed on SOP, text-voting February 28, 2010 - Announcement/Awarding of Winner on SOP
IV. Prizes 1. Three (3) finalists will be chosen per category: a. Professional (3 finalists) b. Amateur (3 finalists) 2. The Top winner per category shall be awarded the P200,000 and a trophy. The rest of the finalists will receive a cash prize of P 20,000 each. 3. The winning songs will be included as part of the soundtrack of GMA's primetime program "DIVA".
V. Others 1. All finalists shall waive their rights to their songs in perpetuity in favor of GMA Network DIVA Songwriting Contest for the album production, for general publication (in magazines, etc.), for promotional use (radio airplay, performance on TV, internet, etc.) and for general purposes (concerts and events, etc.) locally and/or internationally with the proper and due acknowledgment and recognition of the songwriter/s. 2. Only participants who have reached the top 3 finalists per category shall waive their rights to their qualifying and winning songs. 3. Costs of transportation, accommodation, attendance to events and other expenses related to the contest shall be shouldered by the participant. 4. The decision of the board of judges is final. 5. All employees and talents of GMA Network, Inc. and their relatives up to the 2nd degree of affinity and consanguinity are disqualified from joining this competition.
Social Media Specialist for Regine Velasquez. Controversial sometimes but loved by fellow Reginians. Thank you for supporting all the Regine Velasquez Sites/Pages!
Happy 28 Years of Songbird!
To God be the Glory
Some of the posts here were seen on other blogs, please credit the posts to the rightful author(s). As you notice, some posts that mon1enararauno reposted on Songbird Source! has a source or a link from the respected owner; if there's no source seen in the post, the post was originally created by mon1enararauno. Songbird Source! Blog is not liable if necessary and also to avoid illegal copyright etc...