The Spice Girls are an English pop girl group formed in 1994. They consist of Victoria Beckham (née Adams), Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton, Melanie Chisholm and Geri Halliwell. They are the most successful girl group of all time.
* Geri Halliwell/Ginger Spice (March 1994-May 1998 and June 2007-February 2008). Geri was called Ginger Spice because of her "liveliness, zest, and flaming red hair." She often wore outrageous stage outfits. Ginger was seen by many as de facto leader of the group thanks to her articulate conversational style and business savvy mind.
* Melanie Brown/Scary Spice (March 1994-February 2001 & June 2007-February 2008). Melanie was given the nickname Scary Spice because of her outrageous, "in-your-face" attitude, "loud" Leeds accent, throaty laugh, pierced tongue, manner of dress (which often consisted of leopard-print outfits), and her voluminously curly hair.
* Emma Bunton/Baby Spice (October 1994-February 2001 and June 2007-February 2008). Emma was called Baby Spice because she was the youngest of the group, wore her long blonde hair in pigtails, wore babydoll dresses, had an innocent smile, and had a girly girl personality.
* Victoria Beckham (then Victoria Adams)/Posh Spice (March 1994-February 2001 and June 2007-February 2008). Victoria was called Posh Spice because of her more middle-class background, refined attitude, form-fitting designer outfits and her love of high-heeled footwear.
* Melanie Chisholm/Sporty Spice (March 1994-February 2001 and June 2007-February 2008). Called Sporty because Melanie usually wore a tracksuit with her hair in a ponytail and sported a tough girl attitude.
Spice is the debut album by British pop group Spice Girls, released on 4th November 1996 by Virgin Records.The album was recorded at Olympic Studios in Barnes, London between 1995 and 1996, by producers Matt Rowe, Richard Stannard, Eliot Kennedy and the production duo Absolute. Five singles were released from the album: "Wannabe", "Say You'll Be There", "2 Become 1", "Who Do You Think You Are" and "Mama"; "Who Do You Think You Are" and "Mama" were released as a double A-side in the United Kingdom, Ireland and other countries. The first single, "Wannabe", went to number one in 31 countries, and the next two singles, "Say You'll Be There" and "2 Become 1", reached number one in 53 countries. "Who Do You Think You Are" was released as the official Comic Relief single in the UK as a double A-side with "Mama" and both songs reached the top 20 in charts across Europe, Australia and New Zealand. In the band's native UK, all four singles went to number one on the UK singles chart and, in the United States, the album produced three top five singles.
Spice was a worldwide commercial success. The album was certified 10x Platinum in UK by the British Phonographic Industry and in Canada by the Canadian Recording Industry Association, 8x Platinum in Europe by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry in their 1997 European music awards and 7x Platinum in the US by the Recording Industry Association of America. In total, the album sold 23 million copies worldwide, becoming the biggest-selling album in music history by a girl group.
Versions By Regine
SOP Diary- 101109
vid by soprules09